The organization known as the Susquehanna County Council of Governments was formed in 1990 and currently consists of 22 member municipalities, out of the 40 municipalities in the County.
The purpose of Susquehanna County COG is to assist in easing the burden of individual local governmental operations by providing a voluntary forum for intermunicipal cooperation. This includes the following:
- The promotion of effective communication and coordination between member governments and others;
- Encouraging and coordinating agreements among members to cooperatively undertake specific projects and programs;
- Current committees – Codes Enforcement and Sewage Enforcement
please refer to the Member Municipalities for committee members.
- Serving as a regional spokesman on matters of mutual interest and concern;
- Encouraging and coordinating the sharing of equipment, personnel, and facilities;
- Working to resolve matters of regional or common interest by spreading costs and responsibilities over some or all members and by more efficiently utilizing the services and resources offered by state and other agencies;
- The provision of general technical aid to members; and
- Any other activities which the Council of Governments determines to be advantageous to some or all members.